Welcome to Rovaniemi
| Why Rovaniemi?|
- Attractive FDI destination with welcoming attitude
- Home town of Santa Claus located on the Arctic Circle
- Finland's most important tourism destination north of Helsinki for international visitors
- Next to vast natural resources and business opportunities in the Barents region
- International airport a 10-minute drive from the city centre
- Industrial and ICT clusters with global companies
- Creativity hot-spot for animations, films, computer games and commercials
- Modern university city with well-educated work force
- Warm business climate even when winters are arctic!
Rovaniemi, the capital of Lapland Province and Santa Claus’s home town is situated on the Arctic Circle, 800 km north of Helsinki. It has about 60,000 inhabitants and a land area of 8 016 km² making it the largest city in the EU. By virtue of being preceded in Finland only by Helsinki as the most visited city by foreigners, Rovaniemi is very international.
Rovaniemi is a well-connected business hub and University City in the fast-growing area of northern Europe. Multibillion projects in Lapland as well as in nearby regions of Sweden, Norway and Russia offer excellent opportunities for companies based in Rovaniemi. Thanks to its international airport, railway and E75 highway, Rovaniemi is very easy to reach. Not only is Rovaniemi is the commercial centre to a wide region in the north but it also constitutes a veritable shop window for visitors from around the world.
Abuzz with energy Rovaniemi provides an ideal setting for both for traditional manufacturing - not least when cold technologies are concerned - as well as the creative industries. Santa’s Technology Park, located right next to the airport, is the centre for film, game, content production, and design companies.
Leading sectors in Rovaniemi
Industry and ICT
Trade and Services
Rovaniemi is committed to reinforce its competitive advantage in its selected business fields and to invite foreign companies and individuals to contribute to the success. To learn more about what Rovaniemi can offer, see the section Investment Opportunities or contact us directly.
Welcome to prosper on the Arctic Circle!